Sunday, November 9, 2014

Workflow

So I tried doing an all-digital comic but it didn't work out so well.
The first two pages of Red Goddess "Book 2" are 100% digital, but I found the pencilling process was far too slow. I'm not exactly sure why. I'm thinking the following:

- The feeling of friction of pencil-on-paper.
- When working on the tablet (especially the Surface Pro 3, which has a small screen) you tend to zoom in on each panel, making working on a single panel feel the same as working on a splash page.

Anyway, I've since gone back to working with pencil on paper and scanning them in for digital inking. I'm back up to 2 pages a day which makes me happy and I'm up to page 20 of book 2, which runs around 35 pages or so. Book 3 runs upward towards 50 pages I think. I took the liberty of letting the last few pages of the script for Book 3 comfortably fit into however many pages felt more appropriate. Especially considering how much was otherwise totally crammed into most other pages.

And again, all this is going to get chopped up into however-many-books-I-have-no-idea later on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment