Tuesday, February 23, 2016

P'roofed

Saw the proof. Made notes. Mostly my missing putting in Post office logos on Alexandra's shoulder patch for the first half. (I guess I didn't go back and do it like I thought I had..!)

Saw the panel-rearranged page - it was because an extra page was needed to maintain some spreads later in the book. But it looks awful. I think I can fix it pretty quickly though.

The thing that bothered me the most was the re-lettering. Note to self - rasterize fonts.
Also, there were poorly placed caption boxes, and every location change had a heading. Which I thought was silly and over-cluttered the page.

And there was also a face-replacement that was... just bad. I wrote a big "NO" on the note for that page. Wrong sized face, wrong emotion. Just wrong.

But I don't get final say on these things. So we'll see how far making it better from my point of view goes.