Sunday, May 8, 2016

Treasury Editions!

So here's the Treasuries that I've picked up. A while ago I decided this would be my niche target for collecting. They're generally inexpensive but you can't find them everywhere so I won't spend my money all over the place all the time.


The first Treasury comic I got as a kid.
Great Gil Kane artwork. Lost in a move, but recently
re-purchased at East Coast Comicon!

I got this as a gift from my neighbor when we moved away (the same move that the Spider-Man treasury was lost in. It's in pretty bad condition, but readable. The Star Wars Treasuries are probably the most expensive to pick up nowadays running into the $100+ range. Almost everything else is affordable at $20 or less with the exception of "Superman vs. Muhammad Ali" or "Superman vs. Spider-Man".

The Alex Ross / Paul Dini treasury comics were
terrific!
Great stuff. Alex Ross is on record as being a massive Treasury comics fan.
Never picked up any after Shazam! came out. Kinda broke.
Picked up in PEI one summer. Beater copy.
But big, fun Kirby action! First story inked by Barry Windsor Smith!
I got this signed by Neal Adams. The silver ink he used has stuck to the bag, so I'm hesitant to take it out and look at it.

Picked up locally at the monthly comic/card trade show.
Really nice condition, Barry Windsor Smith Conan. Red Nails. 'Nuff said!
Picked this up at the Boston Comicon 2013(?)
Really nice condition.

Learned about this on the treasurycomics.com website. I love EC comics, so this was a no-brainer and off to ebay I went. I generally don't buy comics through ebay because of the shipping costs.

Found out about this from Chris Ryall of IDW, who is also a big Treasury fan. Nice book but I prefer square-bound treasury editions. Also it looks like it was resized up from comic size to the treasury size, which makes the art look less clear than the older treasuries. Still on the lookout for the Rocketeer Treasury though.
Also picked up at East Coast Comicon 2016. Got a good deal with the Spider-Man treasury. I liked this one better than the other Thor Treasury they had.

No comments:

Post a Comment